Project Fill In The Blank (Week 13 - AAA)

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
In our first ever clean sweep, BoingK has not only won the voting round but also correctly guessed the Pokemon! So major congrats on all fronts to them!
:pmd/bronzong:

Now before I get into the next team, I have a small announcement.

We are gonna keep FitB active while OMPL is going on; however, we are gonna be shifting focus to some of the more popular non-main OMs (think Shared Power, Cross Evolution, etc.) as well as maybe a feature on the OM/LCotMs as well. This allows those that wanna submit teams to be able to without giving away "trade secrets" for main OMs should they be helping out or on an OMPL team.

So with that, we do have one final AAA team brought you by a familiar face in this thread TDLoriat !!!
:pmd/heatran::pmd/roaring moon::pmd/iron moth::pmd/corviknight:
This one is quite a doozy as we got TWO missing Pokemon and quite a few holes to fill!

Submissions end May 20th!

P.S. Feel free to DM me on here or Discord (@kennukem) if you have any teams you wanna submit for the coming weeks <3​

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
thanks TDLoriat.

Ok so I'm putting my money down on Manaphy given there's no Regenvesters and the team is generally weak to special attackers
:pmd/manaphy: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

There's very little in the way of indication as to what this final mon could be. It is most likely a special attacker because of Roaring Moon being physical, and it should also pair well with Moon's ability to Knock and speed control. SOOOOO

Yeah i'm just going with the broko, this mon literally wins games by itself. It appreciates Moon knocking things for it, especially Primarina's Assault Vest, making it very easy to guarantee 2hko's on it. Moon also threatens Water Absorb Heatran which has been way too prominent. Yeah guys can we ban this thing
:pmd/walking-wake: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
:great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Taunt

:Manaphy:
Manaphy @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

This team needs a Shocks check and removal and obviously a RegenVest mon.
Very creative I know but I think that should do good

Imma do my best to break down the team that we got for this week.
The team likely needs a stronger special wall than Heatran, and while Boingk and RoFnA have gone with manaphy I would go with a different choice.
:sv/swampert:
Swampert @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam/Surf/other coverage move
Swampert has a much better matchup into the electric types of the tier, and benefits from the decreased usage of grass coverage on mons like iron moth. The team also has a water absorb as well as desolate land to stop water stabs and a great matchup into any grass types with 3 quad and 1 single resist meaning that swampert synergizes better with the team as a whole. I also feel like Manaphy is just a bit too easy as an answer and that we are meant to get tripped up by it.

The final mon has a lot more possibilities as there are not that many hints as to where it might go. Wake and Tusk are both very good options providing a strong special attacker and rocks + removal respectively. I dug up an older team dump of TDLoriat from the AAA forum focusing mostly on mixed, mold breaker, Garchomp, but it is a bit of an older post. I also figured that Latias or Gholdengo could fill a similar role as Wake would for the team. Another though that had come to mind is that of something along the lines of a Cereuledge or Cinderace to stack fire types on this team. However after careful consideration I am going to pick:
:sv/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
This guy can do just about anything depending on the specific set, but I chose a bulky set in order to assist Corv on the physical side. Esp is an obvius choice, but the addition of [insert special move here] can hit some key physical walls for big damage.

Final Notes:
Big Rock types like Ogerpon-C or Iron Boulder can make huge progress against this team
This team might struggle to break wbb steel types especiallly corv
im probably just overthinking it, and that it is something more simple like what BoingK provided

:sv/Walking Wake:
Walking Wake @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
Just the basic wake set

:sv/Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy Duty Boots/Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Scrappy/Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Close Combat/Stealth Rocks/Bulk Up
Pretty basic Tusk set - specific speed EVs to outspeed base 110 mons after rapid spin

:sv/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
Set directly from TDLoriats post - just a generic mixed set that TD didn't even seem too keen on

:sv/latios:
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens/Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn/Trick
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Luster Purge
Pretty flexible special dragon type mon to throw on the team - does what Wake does but is less expected

:sv/Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon/leftovers/Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability/Earth Eater/Well Baked Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover/Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Make It Rain
Gholdengo can run just about any ability to suit some specific need that the team needs I would choose a basic special attacker that can disrupt with thunder wave

:sv/ceruledge:
Ceruledge @ Life Orb/Heavy Duty Boots/Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin/Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak
Ceruledge would be added on to the team to create a fire stack meant to take advantage of fluffy Corviknight. This set is more designed as a dedicated breaker as I find it a bit to slow to do anything otherwise

:sv/cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt/Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- Will-O-Wisp/High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
Cinderace would function similarly to Ceruledge, but instead as a fast pivot. It can also help against hazards with court change or just be disruptive with wisp. For those wondering I use teravolt (even though it is a Mold Breaker clone) because of the slim possibility that it might have a chance to confuse somebody and because its funny.

Thats all I got, I don't know why i decided to put these extra sets in here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)