Pet Mod Hide and Seaking - Slate 2 Signups

Should we ban Terastallization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, signups for Slate 1 are now closed, and the Hiding Phase can begin! Submissions will be done through a form in the mod's Discord, which you can join here. If you're unable to use Discord for any reason, please contact me privately on Smogon and we can work something out.
For this slate, each submitter will be able to submit one change to a Pokemon, move, ability, or item.
Remember, these changes should legitimately impact the OU viability of at least one Pokemon. If I don't feel a change does enough, you will be asked to submit something else.

Rules for Pokemon submissions:
- You may change one Pokemon.
- You may change any one of: stats, abilities, movepool, typing.
- Only one stat can be changed at once (for example, giving a Pokemon +20 Speed would be fine, but giving it +10 Attack and +10 Speed would not).
- Similarly, only one ability can be changed, only one move can be added/removed, and only one of the Pokemon's types can be changed at one time.
- If you are changing a Pokemon's type, one STAB move of the new type may be added along with the type change.

Rules for Move submissions:
- You may change one move.
- You may change any of the following: type, base power, accuracy, PP, move effect.
- If you want to change a move's distribution, that is a Pokemon submission, not a move submission.
- If you are changing a move's effect, the move's description will need to reflect that change.

Rules for Ability submissions:
- You may change the effect of one ability.
- If you want to change an ability's distribution, that is a Pokemon submission, not an ability submission.
- When you change an ability's effect, that ability's description will need to reflect that change.

Rules for Item submissions:
- You may change the effect of one item.
- You may not change other aspects of the item (such as Fling BP or ability to be knocked off), as they cannot be shown in the builder.
- When you change an item's effect, that item's description will need to reflect that change.

Changes will be made on a first-come, first-served basis, so any overlapping changes will go in favor of the first change submitted, with the other one having to be redone.

For this slate, these are the only things that can be changed. This may be different in future slates, so stay tuned for that.

The Hiding Phase will last for 48 hours. I recommend submitting your change early so that there's time for revisions if any problems arise. With that being said, let the games begin!

Last edited:
This was a fun first round. I dont really do this but this was such a fun Pet Mod that I felt compelled to make a summary of everything.

Hiding: Most changes were alright, but some were extremely questionable. Theres a few submitters (not gonna say any names) that just straight up made shit submissions. If we ignore those however, I think if all the other changes went in as-is, they wouldve really affected Nat Dex in a positive way.

Seaking: This part was super fun, and I really enjoyed going through the teambuilder to look for the changes everyone made. Some were incredibly easy to find (what were u guys thinking) but some really stumped me. I dont really battle much anymore so changes that were easier to find that way eluded me. Despite that, I still only managed to find 10 changes, which is not bad at all, 3rd highest (Zxg was a beast, how the hell did you find 27 changes).

Final Five:
1. Raichu: Just raichu with light ball, not really much to say about it, pretty self explanatory, but changing exclusive item effects seems like a really good strategy.
2. Mega Garchomp: +10 speed is a simple but necessary change to push M-Garchomp into being prominent in OU, and can evade seakers who dont know that the Mega becomes slower.
3. Slaking: I have no idea how no-one found this change, its literally just swapping Truant with Stall. This isnt even a good change, it just makes Slaking slightly less bad.
4. Aegislash: Reverting King's Shield is a really good change for it, but probably not enough to bring back to OU standards.
5. Iron Fist: Changing Iron Fist from 1.2x to 1.5x was a really risky move, but mightve been worth it, there are no Iron Fist users in OU or even UU, so this change might bring them up a little bit.

All-in-all, this was an incredibly fun experience, and I cant wait for round 2.

This was a fun first round. I dont really do this but this was such a fun Pet Mod that I felt compelled to make a summary of everything.

Hiding: Most changes were alright, but some were extremely questionable. Theres a few submitters (not gonna say any names) that just straight up made shit submissions. If we ignore those however, I think if all the other changes went in as-is, they wouldve really affected Nat Dex in a positive way.

Seaking: This part was super fun, and I really enjoyed going through the teambuilder to look for the changes everyone made. Some were incredibly easy to find (what were u guys thinking) but some really stumped me. I dont really battle much anymore so changes that were easier to find that way eluded me. Despite that, I still only managed to find 10 changes, which is not bad at all, 3rd highest (Zxg was a beast, how the hell did you find 27 changes).

Final Five:
1. Raichu: Just raichu with light ball, not really much to say about it, pretty self explanatory, but changing exclusive item effects seems like a really good strategy.
2. Mega Garchomp: +10 speed is a simple but necessary change to push M-Garchomp into being prominent in OU, and can evade seakers who dont know that the Mega becomes slower.
3. Slaking: I have no idea how no-one found this change, its literally just swapping Truant with Stall. This isnt even a good change, it just makes Slaking slightly less bad.
4. Aegislash: Reverting King's Shield is a really good change for it, but probably not enough to bring back to OU standards.
5. Iron Fist: Changing Iron Fist from 1.2x to 1.5x was a really risky move, but mightve been worth it, there are no Iron Fist users in OU or even UU, so this change might bring them up a little bit.

All-in-all, this was an incredibly fun experience, and I cant wait for round 2.
fuck u for making me think that I missed seaking phase, ur so cringe dib

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)