(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having 3 separate regional Pokedexes in SV instead of one unified one is so incredibly irritating for organizational purposes, especially when the box UI displays only the Paldea ID number.

Jacq is such a slacker.
Well there’s 3 regional Pokedexes because um well… there’s 3 regions. I doubt Jacq is in charge of the boxes, didn’t we used to have people like Bill, Lanette, Bebe, Amanita, Cassius and Molayne running them? I blame us being able to access the PC from anywhere in Galar and Paldea for the poor UI! #JusticeforJacq

Feels like the easiest solution, especially if we're going to keep having this 3 Dex split, would just be stacking the numbers and append a letter (or mark) in front of it

So if this was implemented in SV Pikachu would stack as P-074 and K-021 but someone like Spinarak is just K-001 and of course the fully "foreign" Pokemon remain numberless.

I'm not hearing it. If Dr. Light and Dr. Wily can use one contiguous and shared numbering system for all of their robots despite being mortal enemies, then the Pokemon Professors can get their act together.
Well except when they use the separate numbering system between Light's robots (1, 9) and Wily's (everything else he touches, which sometimes includes Light's robots and Cossak's robots and also robots randos off screen made) and also King's Robots (which Wily made anyway...?) and checking the wiki I guess the Mega Man Killers (ALSO made by Wily....) and the Stardroids got their own numbers too.

Well except when they use the separate numbering system between Light's robots (1, 9) and Wily's (everything else he touches, which sometimes includes Light's robots and Cossak's robots and also robots randos off screen made) and also King's Robots (which Wily made anyway...?) and checking the wiki I guess the Mega Man Killers (ALSO made by Wily....) and the Stardroids got their own numbers too.
I'd say the most egregious have to be Time Man and Oil Man, which, as a result of being introduced in a remake, end up with 00A and 00B inserted between 008 and 009.

Imagine if cross-gen evolutions did this.

I'd say the most egregious have to be Time Man and Oil Man, which, as a result of being introduced in a remake, end up with 00A and 00B inserted between 008 and 009.

Imagine if cross-gen evolutions did this.
I actually like the current setup. You have the NatDex order, AKA order these mons were introduced IRL, AKA the number used to refer to the mons. And then each region has it's own dex, where cross-gen evos are next to each other and mons are numbered(theoretically) by how far into the game you'll encounter them. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's the best that can be done. The other options are renumbering every single mon whenever a new game comes out, or just ad-hocing it, and I think both of those are bad ideas.

I actually like the current setup. You have the NatDex order, AKA order these mons were introduced IRL, AKA the number used to refer to the mons. And then each region has it's own dex, where cross-gen evos are next to each other and mons are numbered(theoretically) by how far into the game you'll encounter them. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's the best that can be done. The other options are renumbering every single mon whenever a new game comes out, or just ad-hocing it, and I think both of those are bad ideas.
I read Ironmage's comment as

"Imagine how ridiculous it would be if instead of making Crobat #169 they made it #042A and placed it between Golbat & Oddish"

Despite the games having outfit customization since the start of Generation 6, X/Y is the only entries where you can register outfits as a preset loadout while future entries with far more outfit options down the line don't. I'm not sure if this is because they forgot about it or there was issues getting it to work for whatever reason but being reminded the Kalos games are the only mainline entry games I know of with a loadout feature is slowly feeling like a figurative pebble in my shoe.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I try not to rag on Serebii too much, because I find more often than not their site is still very useful for information but the way he decided to handle TMs in SV is mind numbingly worthless

It's always worth ragging on Serebii tbh. It's probably the most worthless of the Pokémon wikis because the layout is supreme garbage (text for ants sidebar!), it's actually really hard to find what you want, and it barely has any info anyway.

Like Bulbapedia has dumb shit about it, but if I want to learn something I'll actually be able to relatively easily. And once I found out about PokemonDB, the only good use of Serebii as a wiki (looking up stats/movesets much faster than on Bulbapedia) was completely made obsolete.

It's always worth ragging on Serebii tbh. It's probably the most worthless of the Pokémon wikis because the layout is supreme garbage (text for ants sidebar!), it's actually really hard to find what you want, and it barely has any info anyway.

Like Bulbapedia has dumb shit about it, but if I want to learn something I'll actually be able to relatively easily. And once I found out about PokemonDB, the only good use of Serebii as a wiki (looking up stats/movesets much faster than on Bulbapedia) was completely made obsolete.
Serebii is not a wiki. A wiki is publicly editable by anyone, like Wikipedia, which is the reason sites like Bulbapedia came to be called wikis.

As a result, info on a site like Bulbapedia often comes from somebody copying info from a site like Serebii, as usually evidenced by SerebiiJoe making a typo on something that gets copied over before being corrected.

As an aside, one of the things that utterly baffles me is when people ask Joe if he will ever make an app (and the answer is always no because that he'd been advised it would be legally dicey), and I can only imagine people ask him that because they hope it will fix all the issues they have with the layout. Otherwise I just do not understand why people want individual apps for every website they visit when they have a single app that already lets them visit every website: the web browser.

Old_Man_Yells_at_cloud_cover.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)