Tournament OMPL XII - Commencement

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
AAA Power Rankings
(shoutouts to gimmicky for helping me with this!)​

Damn this pool is massive. It's a bit late but I'll be trying to go sifting through them to rank them on an arbitrary personal tierlist, I'll be ranking all manners of potential clickers, builders/support and even those who have a 99% chance that aren't going to be slotted into AAA but as long as they could potentially play or support in AAA, even if they're not available to draft so you can uh use this PR for your predicts I guess. Though the AAA scene is going to be very competitive especially with many managers very competent at the meta I would still make sure to pick up even a lot of the lower ranks, building an army is (probably) beneficial and fun! What do the ranks mean? I don't know lol I'm just kind of going off vibe though I will be taking more into account whether someone really knows the current meta even if their past history is impressive as it's hard to judge off history unless it's pretty extensive. There will probably be some fire clickers that I miss, but I'll only be going through those I know have some AAA knowledge (or have clicked for AAA in the past). Purely OBJECTIVE rankings btw.

S Tier :roaring-moon:
Atha Building Skill: 10/10 (The Sauce: 3.5/5) Clicking Skill: 9/10

One of the most consistent achievers and players out of the pool. While they obviously are not a perfect player and can falter, on a whole throughout the generation and various metas including this most recent one they have performed consistently well and at a top-tier, being a runner-up for the recent AAA Open and having strong results in a myriad of other tournaments like AAAPL, AAALT and having performed before in OMPL. Though despite their strength idk if 17k for a single AAA slot is entirely advisable, going off these moccs anyway.

Ivar57 Building Skill 9.5/10 (The Sauce: 3.5/5) Clicking Skill: 10/10

A similar story to Atha, though you could say they are great in a myriad of other OMs, Ivar has had standout results at the top of AAA this generation. Winning the most recent AAA Open with wins against other good players like UT, Atha and Lana their strength is undeniable from this tour alone, but still maintaining other strong results in other tours like AAAPL and even the previous AAA Open lol as well at last years OMPL. Their consistency at a top-tier level is unmatched, practically at the same level of Atha.

A+ Tier :corviknight:
Quantum Tesseract Building Skill: 8/10 (The Sauce 2.5/5 0/5) (just for pannu) Clicking Skills: 9.5/10

QT is QT, hard to see them ranked anywhere below the great for most metas and AAA is certainly no exception. While they were eliminated early on in AAA Open by Lana, it isn't to much discredit given Lana themselves is a strong player and QT has otherwise strong results in OMWC and going 3-1 in SV AAAPL (the one loss to Ivar). QT is an excellent player and excellent builder no matter where they're slotted, and though they aren't available to be drafted this time, their mere presence in their teamcord is sure to give a massive boost to any other AAA players they draft, let alone if they self-buy.

A Tier :gholdengo:
ghostlike: Building Skills: 9/10 (The Sauce: 4/5) Clicking Skills: 7.5/10

One of the best players and builders in the tier, it's impossible to consider them anything but an amazing pick. A solid AAA Open run as well noted solid support in AAAPL and OMWC combined with continued excellence as a clicker in any tier combines with excellent and innovative teambuilding that can cook up some fire makes them a more than worthy draft. ghostlike is more than functional on their own, and with the right support or teammates they can go toe to toe with the other greats and consistently perform or serve as great support for your clicker if desired.

Isaiah (sign up!!!!) Building Skills: 9/10 (The Sauce: 3.5/5) Clicking Skills: 7.5/10

I remember Isaiah saying that they were going to sign up... Regardless, I'm putting them on this PR. With a respectable showing in AAA Open up to Semifinals, they may not have many other tour showings but I'm confident in their building skill and their ability to click is fine with AAA Opens showing. If they do sign up, I am excited to see what they cook.
nvm

Lana: Building Skills: 8/10 (The Sauce: 3.5/5) Clicking Skills: 9/10

A less active player within the community, they nonetheless have shown themselves to be more than a very strong player, having secured a nice runners-up position in AAA Open, a 4-1 run in AAAPL and also having even performed in AAA all the way back in OMPL with a 3-0 in AAA. An excellent clicker and showing some solid teams and sauce in the open, I think they're one of the more underrated picks (at least in moccs) and though not needed with some extra support in the builder they could be one very scary slot.

DeepFriedMagikarp: Building Skills: 9/10 (The Sauce: 3.5/5) Clicking Skills: 7.5/10

Though now with the introduction of PiC into the circuit with its scarce pool DFM might be more desirably slotted into your PiC slot, DFM is nonetheless an excellent AAA player who is more than worthy of their council position. Having shown their prowess in AAAPL, with a solid run 3-1 run in 2AC (and an SV loss to QT, which isn't much of a stain) they have continuously built solid and fire teams throughout the generation and I'm sure even if in the PiC slot would be a more than valuable AAA support.

A- Tier :ceruledge:
Glory: Building Skills: 8/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills 7/10

Though an AG main, they've managed to do fairly nicely for themselves in AAA as well. Their tour performances might be a bit less sparse (at least in the AAA department, I was too lazy to find AG tours to scour through) but they've still managed to show their prowess on ladder and have shown off some some fairly good built teams and still are actively cooking and engaging with the current meta. A fairly solid pick to shore up your AAA support and probably would be fine to slot in as your clicker as well.

Slither Wing: Building Skills: 7.5/10 (The Sauce: 2/5) Clicking Skills: 7.5/10

Slither Wing has risen to be one of the best and one of the more underrated players in the pool with solid results in AAA Open, AAALT and in other metas, though many teams would much rather slot them into MnM or Bo3 over AAA. Still however they have shown great capacity to build solid teams and can still provide valuable AAA support if that is your choice, but is a strong player as well if you choose to slot them in AAA or Bo3.

BetticusIV: Building Skills: 8/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: 7/10

A more recent addition to the community, they nonetheless have shown themselves to be a strong performer. With very active engagement with the current meta and outputting some solid teams combined with good results in AAA Opens means despite a lack of history compared to other people in this PR I'm fairly confident they could be quite a solid support slot for AAA or even be your slot fine as well. Don't let them go for as cheap as I've seen in the moccs....

racool: Building Skills: ??? (The Sauce: 4.5/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

An older player that I'm not personally too familiar with and thus can't give a very accurate rating (as if any of these ratings are) for how solid their teams will be, though I have heard of their past reputation and seen some of their more recent teams and with QTs support I imagine they'll be more than a solid AAA slot able to compete with other more prominent members in the community just fine.

SammyCe123: Building Skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 2/5) Clicking Skills: 9/10

Sammy a more recent player of notoriety has certainly made themselves quite well know, with extremely strong results in many circuits, with AAA Open being no exception. Their ability to click is out of question to doubt and while I haven't seen anything exceptional they have been able to make some fairly solid teams for the Open still and even performing for a short bit in AAAPL. While it is overwhelmingly likely they will be slotted into the Bo3 slot, against other Bo3 players AAA will not be much of a tier of worry for SammyCe, though might appreciate some extra support to reach their fullest potential.

Career Ended: Building Skills: 7.5/10 (The Sauce: 4/5) Clicking Skills: 8.5/10

A strong overall player and AAA is certainly no exception. While I haven't been able to see much of their skills in more recent metas, their performance in OM Champs should speak for themselves, their clicking ability strong without a shadow of doubt but also being a fairly strong teambuilder if only proven in past metas like OMWC and last years OMPL, I have no doubt they'll be able to cook up some fire once again and be strong support and a strong performer in Bo3's AAA slot especially with potential of extra support.

Greybaum: Building Skills: 8.5/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: ???

Though it is unlikely Greybaum will slot themselves into the AAA slot to play themselves I have no doubt about their ability to build strong teams, having personally built with them in last years OMPL and AAAPL with strong performances in both. Though not participating in AAA Open and so their performance in more recent metas might still be unknown, they have still for the most part kept up and engaged with the meta and I have no doubt that whoever they slot in AAA will have a solid and spicy teambuilding backbone behind them with Greybaum and even sylvi as well.

B+ Tier :heatran:
MZ: Building Skills: ??? (The Sauce: ???) Clicking Skills: 8/10

Though I can't claim to know much about MZ's building skill or really much at all, I do know they've played AAA as a clicker for quite a while with okay performances in last years OMPL and even playing in AAAPL (albeit an entirely different generation). I can't say for quite sure especially since they haven't played much at all outside of these scant tours or in the current meta, but they'd probably be a pretty decent clicker, but make sure you have adequate support for them (though, I doubt that'd be much of an issue with this pool).

abriel: Building Skills: ??? (The Sauce: ???) Clicking Skills: 8/10

abriel exists in a similar boat to MZ, I don't really know much about them and their AAA building skills, though in general has engaged more with the OM community in comparison. Though their performances have mostly been in terms of the last generation with a runner-up in the past Championship and also in other OMs like STAB, if you do decide to slot them into AAA or Bo3 I doubt their skills will be lost much transferring over into this current generation, but likewise, strong support is recommended.

GlalieGoesBoom: Building Skills: 7.5/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: 6.5/10

Glalie is a fairly active member in the community, though their record in tours in less spectacular with only a somewhat recent performance in AAALT to their name. Still, it is a fairly respectable result and they have shown their ability to teambuild quite well with their fairly influential stall teams and some other more interesting builds, though I haven't seen much from them recently, if you do get them I'd imagine they will fit as more than suitable AAA support if needed.

Hera: Building Skills: 7.5/10 (The Sauce: 2.5/5) Clicking Skills: 7/10

Hera is a longtime AAA player from SS and still a fairly active player in SV now as well. They have shown themselves as a mostly solid, consistent and well-rounded player overall with good results from AAAPL going 4-2 and also managing to perform fine in AAALT and though I haven't seen too much of their performance in recent metas they should fine as your AAA slot or as support as well.

hariyana grande: Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce: 2.5/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

Ok I am a bit biased but this is my PR so what are you going to do about it. While they aren't particularly well known within the AAA community and hasn't particularly engaged with AAA outside of last years OMPL I did get the pleasure of building for and with them during that OMPL and I can confidently tell you that they are a more than solid clicker at the meta and aren't even the worst builder with their own ideas and contributions. Of course, you will still need some strong support, but paired with a good cooker I'm betting hariyana can make for an AAA slot that can give the more established players a good run for their money.

ojr: Builder skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

ojr is not someone I know too well but from what I can tell is fairly solid AAA player and in general overall player as well teambuilder with pretty strong results in AAAPL (ok to be fair they're kinda cheating they were on an ABSURD team) and also OMWC (or at least I think lol I'm being lazy in checking the actual results...) though haven't seen them engage or play much the current AAA meta. It's unlikely that they'll swallow the 13.5k price to self-buy to slot into such a competitive slot but regardless of who plays their AAA slot, ojr's extra spice in the teambuilder should make some exciting games (also Ivar support... which is kind of cheating)

sylvi: Builder Skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

sylvi is another in the boat of those returning from experience in older AAA metas and though they may not have much experience in the current AAA meta as far I can tell, I have little doubts that they'll be able to get back into the swing of things and start cooking again as they did in last years AAAPL to fine success. It is unlikely too that they'll swallow the 13.5k cost to self-buy but with Greybaum as well the AAA slots will be pretty stacked in terms of support, especially if they elect to buy more if they decide so.

RoFnA: Building Skills 6/10 (The Sauce: 2/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

RoFnA is quite a solid player overall, with good performances in a lot of other metas and is most likely to be slotted in Bo3. For AAA they aren't particularly too bad, though I'm not too aware of any notable performances at the top outside of playing 2AC AAAPL without any notable wins and also making it a decent ways into AAA Open, their teams I haven't seen anything too notable either though I see them high up on ladder regularly with their own teams so they can probably make some fine teams by their own. RoFnA can definitely click but my bets for them depend on what kind of support RoFnA snatches from the auction and with a solid builder their performance in Bo3 AAA should certainly not be underestimated.

Osake: Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce: 3/5) Clicking Skills: 8/10

Wtf who revived Osake... Though they may be a corpse recently buried and revitalised, they still hold some fairly strong results in AAA this generation from last years OMPL going a very strong 6-2 (though they got the luckiest matchup against hariyana... never forget dgleam moth atrocity) in AAA and having more recent results in OMWC as well. Despite their inactivity they are still more than a potent AAA slot and could provide some ample sauce as support as well, though, you might want some extra AAA support just to amend the lack of recent experience but still overall a solid choice.

B Tier :slither-wing:
Clas: Builder Skills: 6/10 (The Sauce: 1.5/5) Clicking Skills: 7.5/10

While a potent clicker and certainly not bad by any means Clas has as far I can tell lacked any good results in AAA this generation though they have built and played for it in OMWC Bo3 to some success outside it I've rarely seen them play or build for the meta especially recently. Still a very desirable slot for their prowess in other tiers and Bo3 slot but would certainly appreciate some strong extra support if that is a path you decide on.

Kinetic: Builder Skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 2/5) Clicking Skills: 7/10

Certainly not bad by any means. Though I haven't seem them actively build for AAA for quite a while now their history with AAA this generation is fairly respectable having built fairly solid teams in past AAA metas and clicking fine in SM AAA. Pretty decent backup slot and support choice to get for AAA.

Gimmicky: Builder Skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 2.5/5) Clicking Skills: ???

Though without much clear tour results, they have fairly solid meta knowledge, actively engaging and building fine teams for various metas including this current one. Not much else to say, pretty solid AAA support so make sure not to miss out!

Tranquility: Builder Skills: 7/10 (The Sauce: 2/5) Clicking Skills: 7/10

Though they have been out of commission for quite a while, they still are quite a respectable player if only recently getting back into the flow of things. With results outside of AAA and also being great support in last years OMPL, though with increased competition in recent times, I'm sure they can get back into the swing of things in no time and would serve as more than respectable AAA support especially if you decide to build an AAA army. Don't let them go undrafted!!

B- Tier :garganacl:
I'm ngl I'm getting lazy so I will not make any comments for these peeps but that doesn't mean they're bad and can still probably serve as fine support you can pick up for cheap (or alongside whatever other metas you wish to get them for).

SpaceSpeakers, BoingK, matte, Codename C.A.T, Sulo.

C Tier :polteageist:
Dahness, Gambit_Gamin, Cyril tbh, hisui guy.

??? Tier
These picks aren't bad by any means, I just don't know where to place them cause I don't know enough about them to sus out a rank for them. Atha has their own PR that includes some of them though so uh listen to them probably.

shiloh: Builder Skills: ??? The Sauce: ??? Clicking Skills: Probably good idk.

Yeah I just dont know anything about shiloh. They played uh last OMPL but apart from that pretty much a mystery. Actually this is kind of the same thing for MZ tbh but I just get better vibes from MZ so I'll put shiloh in ??? but uh Atha says they're good so they probably are idk.

Potatochan: Builder Skills: ??? The Sauce: ??? Clicking Skills: Probably good idk.

Similar boat to a lot of others here, I just don't them well at all though they have a very solid performance in AAAPL going 5-3 in the SV slot. Still I don't got enough of a vibe to rate them anywhere but they're probably a good clicker with support idk. (plus free turtle pics)

Fiora: Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce: 5/5) Clicking Skills: ???

Fiora is a bit less unknown to me as I had the pleasure to collaborate with them building AAA for semi-finals of last years OMPL. Though still outside of that and their past reputation I have nothing else to judge them off for this meta though if I can tell you one thing is that they'll cook up heat but outside of that ???

Jrdn: Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce: ???) Clicking Skills: Probably good idk.

I am aware of their highly regarded reputation within the OM community but I don't think I've ever seen them play AAA this generation outside of maybe some random ladder matches very early into the generation. Not in any way saying they are bad but no matter their reputation without having seen them play or build anything AAA for practically the whole generation means I cannot judge them much.

xavgb: Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce: ???) Clicking Skills: 10/10

Similarly xagvb upholds a very loaded reputation though I have actually seen them play games at least this generation if not in AAA. From it their past reputation certainly holds itself still very true now and while true they are other metas I have little doubt in Bo3 AAA xavgb will still be a monster to be reckoned with. Though I have no clue about their AAA building skills this generation and having not even seen them play AAA this generation means I still cannot place them anywhere but ???

LordBox: Clicking Skills: 0/10 Builder Skills: ??? (The Sauce:???)

lol who even is this person (i forgot to put this on my signup but if you draft me please for the love of god do NOT start me thx)

Last edited:
Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza5.0!

This year's SuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza will hopefully continue the unprecedented excellence in guessing that last year's OMPL brought, with average guesses being out by only 1.3k helped along by an unheard of five (5) correct guesses from The Number Man, XxLazzerpenguinxX, baconeatinassassin, swag god and myself. Sadly not all of these incredible guessing prodigies are making a return to OMPL this time around which may give new up and coming players a chance to break into the top ranks.

Literal copy/paste of last year's 2018's post because I'm lazy af:

The aim of this game is to guess your price in the draft (guessing undrafted doesn't count) and send your guesses to me in PMs either on smogon or discord.

I'll give a shoutout to anyone who is within 5% of their actual price (so exact price up to 10k, +-.5 up to 20k then +- 1k etc), or the next best if everyone sucks. 2024 edit: When I wrote this originally I wildly overestimated how good guesses would be in general and also didn't realise I would be writing a full in depth review every year for over half a decade so I'll just post whatever I feel like.

Nothing really at stake here but it seemed like a fun idea, I'll accept any guesses up to 20mins before the scheduled start time of the auction. 2023 Edit: This has been going on longer than OMWC so at this point there must be some pride at stake, right?

• Only one guess, I'll ignore any after the first.
  • Must be in PMs because a) don't want to spam the thread and b) if all your guesses are public it might affect the draft somehow. 2019 edit: b) doesn't really make sense since im a manager so don't worry about this 2021 edit: ignore that too
  • After 20mins before the draft is scheduled to start I'll ignore guesses even if the draft is late or something.
  • Managers can't guess their price.
  • All entrants must be hyped for the draft!
  • Edit: if your name on w/e is different to the name you signed up under tell me that name pls.

Mocc 10 - Last?
1716064278495.png

Career Ended13500
TTTech13500
Don Vascus12000
ghostlike11500
TPP10500
Lily8500
Dr. Phd. BJ6000
Frixel5500
Quinn5500
db5000
Potatochan5000
Kinetic3500
SammyCe12316000
hariyana grande9000
Les2BG8500
Fraise7500
DugZa6000
SpaceSpeakers6000
zioziotrip5500
Concept Everything5500
Shing5000
temp5000
Mada5000
Nashrock4500
jasprose4000
Hiusi guy3500
Codename C.A.T3000
damflame 33000
Don Bork3000
augustakira17000
Quantum Tesseract13500
Racool13500
hayedenn10000
DeepFriedMagikarp7500
Stories7000
Schpoonman7000
Tea Guzzler6000
Smudge5000
PociekMociek5000
lepton4500
avarice4000
Atha21000
Fc13500
xavgb13500
HiZo9500
zastra8500
anaconja7500
SEA7000
Sulo4500
crow crumbs3000
NinjaSnapple3000
The Guy Who Has Many Alts3000
GlalieGoesBoom3000
Hera3000
abriel13500
zoe13500
Icemaster12500
cityscapes12000
shiloh7000
XxLazzerpenguinxX6500
Lana6500
cscl6000
Kaif6000
CoolTrainerGary5500
Taka4500
tzaur3500
entrocefalo3000
Clas17000
yuki15000
willdbeast11000
BijouMode10000
Jrdn8500
Clementine8000
Stareal6000
Betticus IV5000
Glory4500
BoingK4000
matte3000
Cao Jie3000
Oculars3000
Fissure14000
Slither Wing14000
Evie13500
pannu12500
Chessking34511000
LordBox10000
pdt7000
Chris321565000
Axzel4000
dex3000
spell3000
Mossy Sandwich3000
astralydia18500
Redflix16500
RoFnA13500
Chromate11000
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂6000
Osake6000
MZ5000
Hacker4000
PrimalKyogre4000
Tranquility3500
hellom3000
sasha3000
vk3000
Bouff3000
Atha21000
astralydia18500
Clas17000
augustakira17000
Redflix16500
SammyCe12316000
yuki15000
Fissure14000
Slither Wing14000
Career Ended13500
TTTech13500
Quantum Tesseract13500
Racool13500
Fc13500
xavgb13500
abriel13500
zoe13500
Evie13500
RoFnA13500
pannu12500
Icemaster12500
Don Vascus12000
cityscapes12000
ghostlike11500
Chessking34511000
Chromate11000
willdbeast11000
TPP10500
LordBox10000
BijouMode10000
hayedenn10000
HiZo9500
hariyana grande9000
Lily8500
zastra8500
Jrdn8500
Les2BG8500
Clementine8000
anaconja7500
DeepFriedMagikarp7500
Fraise7500
SEA7000
pdt7000
shiloh7000
Stories7000
Schpoonman7000
XxLazzerpenguinxX6500
Lana6500
Dr. Phd. BJ6000
cscl6000
Kaif6000
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂6000
Osake6000
Stareal6000
Tea Guzzler6000
DugZa6000
SpaceSpeakers6000
Frixel5500
Quinn5500
CoolTrainerGary5500
zioziotrip5500
Concept Everything5500
db5000
Potatochan5000
Chris321565000
MZ5000
Betticus IV5000
Smudge5000
PociekMociek5000
Shing5000
temp5000
Mada5000
Sulo4500
Taka4500
Glory4500
lepton4500
Nashrock4500
Axzel4000
Hacker4000
PrimalKyogre4000
BoingK4000
avarice4000
jasprose4000
Kinetic3500
tzaur3500
Tranquility3500
Hiusi guy3500
crow crumbs3000
NinjaSnapple3000
The Guy Who Has Many Alts3000
GlalieGoesBoom3000
Hera3000
dex3000
spell3000
Mossy Sandwich3000
entrocefalo3000
hellom3000
sasha3000
vk3000
Bouff3000
matte3000
Cao Jie3000
Oculars3000
Codename C.A.T3000
damflame 33000
Don Bork3000

Malevolent Misdreavuses

AAA - shiloh + Lana
BH - XxLazzerpenguinxX + cityscapes + tzaur
GG - entrocefalo + Taka
Inh - cscl + CoolTrainerGary
PiC - zoe
MnM - Icemaster
STAB - Kaif + abriel
Bo3 - abriel

MOCC Results Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sh3QpUDhvts_UkEvQnq0mjQKcy8d3WTDDgLsuqTFVM8/edit?usp=sharing

BijouMode

so full of dreams
is a Tiering Contributor
Rule Britannia (W Virizzions):
AAA: Stareal + Betticus IV + Glory + matte
BH: willdbeast
MnM: Clas
STAB: Clementine
GG: BoingK
PiC: yuki + Cao Jie
INH: BijouMode
BO3: Jrdn

Subs: matte, Oculars, Cao Jie, Glory, Betticus IV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)