Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Huh, TIL Kricketune learns Perish Song
Looks like SOMEONE didn't pay attention to my last team submission in the Hostile Region thread >:(((
You know Cynthia's Pokémon are in the 60s right? Garchomp is 66. Why were you even trying at 49?
DP's Pokemon League is extremely beatable with mons in the high 40s/low 50 and getting a team of six anywhere near Cynthia's levels requires hours of grinding, so it makes perfect sense to just jump right in imo

So in L:A, when you trade Pokemon the ball flips upsidedown and rockets off using the hisui Pokeball's hole
It's very cute but I realized I never traded with a strange ball, the ball used for non-Hisui transfers, before. Does it have its own unique animation, or does it just awkwardly use the apricorn balls effects?

e: It does, in fact, just awkwardly use the regular effects

Last edited:
In Generations I and II, poisoned 'mons don't take damage on a turn when they KO something. How does this interact with bad poison from Toxic, where the amount of poison damage steadily increases?

For example, let's say I get a KO on the third turn of being badly poisoned. On Turn 4, if I don't get a KO, will I take 3 turns worth of damage (3/8s of my HP iirc), or will I take 4 turns worth (5/8)?

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
In Generations I and II, poisoned 'mons don't take damage on a turn when they KO something. How does this interact with bad poison from Toxic, where the amount of poison damage steadily increases?

For example, let's say I get a KO on the third turn of being badly poisoned. On Turn 4, if I don't get a KO, will I take 3 turns worth of damage (3/8s of my HP iirc), or will I take 4 turns worth (5/8)?
According to Bulbapedia, the amount taken increases every turn the Pokemon takes poison damage, the inference being that if you don't take poison damage that turn the counter doesn't go up. So for the example you gave, it follows that you should expect to take 3 turn's worth.

Every forum post I've read that appear on Google when I search point to yes for both. One even had someone listing all the EVs.
That thread is about EV training in Colosseum, and the post you linked isn't even about Colosseum; it's about XD. I meant the trainers in this mode, the Battle Tower Pokemon Stadium mode of Colosseum. Do they have EVs on their Pokemon? What are their IVs? I've found an old GameFAQs walkthrough that lists all of their movesets, but it doesn't say anything about their stat investments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)