Metagame Type Split (May LCotM!) Darkrai, Volcarona & Damp Rock Banned #55

I topped out at like 6 on the ladder so I thought to share the team I used here

:Primarina: :Dragapult: :Iron Treads: :Zacian: :Kyurem-black: :Sinistcha:

I don't got much profound to say about this team other than a few things
-:Primarina: Primarina is easily one of the best mons in the tier
-:Dragapult: Pult good. Clear Body was to deal with all the Webs HO I encountered but Infiltrator might be better since I've seen less webs lately.
-:Iron Treads: Treads counter leads both Alolatails and Ribombee (most of the time). Could run booster but I opt not to
-:Zacian: Zacian is really just okay. Feels very match up dependant.
-:Kyurem Black: Kyurem Black is astoundingly strong. Teravolt means you break unaware and with the assistance of tera ghost can run through stall and defensive cores. The Shadow Ball + Tera Ghost Combo matches well into a lot of stuff offensively but defensively enables you to skirt strong fighting moves and espeed/boomburst stuff. EV'd Ice Beam always beats Lando T from full who otherwise is a very strong anti-offense tool. Zekrom is similar in usage to KB but trades easy MUs with Glisc/Lando via Ice Beam for a strong Fusion Bolt which beats Dondozo (winnable for KB depending on set but messy) and Corv/Skarm and it can actually run an item that isn't boots. You can run non-mixed sets on either but I'm of the mind that you really should respect Lando and Glisc in the builder.
-:Sinistcha: I'm going to be completely honest I had no idea what to fit as the sixth and tried a bunch of stuff. Team kinda blows vs defensive Sinstcha so I thought 'might as well join them'. It's okay, there's probably better options but this is as far as I'm willing to go so find that 'Truth' yourself.

Anyways this meta has been a fun time and I especially love messing with all the silly drops. May everyone have a good rest of the ladder!

Peaked #9 at 1352 with these

:latios: + :iron_valiant: https://pokepast.es/a09c4fea3e58dfaa

:latios: Latios is a huge threat. Tera Steel gives it a great matchup into mons like :slowking_galar:, :gliscor:, and :primarina:, can easily snowball out of control after boosting up on these mons.
:iron_valiant: this thing is an excellent cleaner, almost everyone expects the special set but physical is heavily slept on, synergizes well with 6th slot because :scizor: helps chip down the most common physical walls in :gliscor: :landorus_therian: and :skarmory:/:corviknight:.
:landorus_therian: + :primarina: no explanation needed here. Best Physical and Special Pivots
:volcanion: Walls prim and threatens with Wild Charge, also a great wallbreaker. Speed evs here just to try and outspeed other volcs.
:scizor: This Guy. Extremely threatening with dual priority. Threatens to OHKO steel birds after 1 SD and can set up an SD on Lando-T to OHKO after intimidate. Basically after this gets an SD you either need to still have tera or have a dozo. BTW speed evs here to outspeed Standard Bolt which is a threat to my team but HP invested sets can comfortably beat Gliscors.

:kyurem_black: + :slowking_galar: https://pokepast.es/f3873aab5df0dae9

:kyurem_black: switching into this is a nightmare. threatens to 2hko almost every defensive mon in this tier. Snow support from Glowking lets it tank some strong attacks.
:slowking_galar: very good special tank. only hit super effectively on the special side by dark which is fairly uncommon after krai ban. TSpikes are very annoying and help Pult.
:volcanion: He's back once again to help vs primarina. so before I said KyuB threatens to 2hko ALMOST any defensive mon in the tier? well prim eats up a super effective fusion bolt, only taking 40%. This is just good to have, especially if the Primarina is CM set.
:dragapult: mostly added this just as a speed control, also wanted to try a hex DD set after seeing aims vid. Great cleaner if you have the tspikes up.
:landorus_therian: + :skarmory: again, not much to explain here just two amazing physical walls. Lando evd to outspeed Hoopa-U.

:hoopa_unbound: please get this guy out of here. he knocks off your prima on the switchin and then 2hkos from there next time it gets in. Nothing else in the tier can switch into a specs hyperspace fury.
:scizor: I also think this needs to be banned. If it gets off an SD, you're probably cooked. You either need dozo or save your tera to surprise this thing. I mentioned earlier beats the most common physical walls (can get off SD on lando and then OHKO with bullet):
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Fighting Scizor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 317-374 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Fighting Scizor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 390-460 (97.5 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+3 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Tera Fighting Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 380-448 (99.4 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

:kyurem_black: This thing is very strong but its healthy here. The mixed set I use misses out on a lot of KO/2hko on offensive mons due to mediocre special attack. I've seen mixed dd sets but those cant fit all the coverage they want to fit. Also struggles with neutral hits due to running non stab physical moves.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)