Ability: Torrent
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
Brave nature
EVs: 112 HP, 176 Atk, 220 Def
Given that I was deadset on using one of my in-game starters, i decided that the best set i could use is bulky choice band, as either an anti-lead or/ and wallbreaker, depending on how well I can preserve him. The damage output seems high enough to justify going this route, and swampert’s typing can force switches, take a resisted hit in a pinch, and has pretty good coverage.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
With how i tend to play, a cleric is pretty much mandatory. Paralyzing an opponent with thunder wave when given the opportunity is almost always useful in the short and long terms, and despite having 5 weaknesses, togekiss is still pretty tanky, and fills out a ground immunity on the team. The other team choices were mostly made around Togekiss.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Ground

Volcarona is a fantastic win-com and set-up mon, and pretty much THE best fire option i have, bar megas. This set has almost perfect type coverage, so there isn’t too much pressure about removing resists before setting up. I believe my team, in theory, is well-equipped enough to set the conditions for volcarona to sweep, so i don’t have to bring it in too soon.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Pretty much the only sufficient defog option i could settle on, in terms of longevity and non-passivity. Mega Latias has very helpful ice coverage that would otherwise be left solely to Swampert, and STAB Psyshock is good to pressure Toxapex and Chansey. Recover and high defense stats when uninvested let me keep latias alive about as comfortably as i can manage.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
The obligatory greninja check and general tank, and also the stealth rock setter of the team. I find the type coverage given by power whip more helpful than any power from the steel-type attack, gyro ball, could give me. Knock off doubles as… semi-functional dark coverage, and a way to annoy pretty much any pokemon- bar megas and z-crystal holders. It just so happens that ferrothorn patches up a decent amount of my team’s defensive coverage, and has the stats to take attacks repeatedly, when other party members can’t do so as comfortably.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

I needed a revenge killer and an offensive pokemon who did resist all of volcarona’s moves… which turns out, are all weak to rock. Thankfully, terrakion generally has enough immediate power to at least take down targets it his super-effectively. Earthquake and Close Combat are also good options both typewise and… being 100% accurate alternatives to the rock moves. My team is very badly threatened if i’m up against a mon that can set up on my currently on the field mon, so a good scarf user is a must.

final note: i find i’m at kind of a low skill level, so i’m certain i’m not using the team to its full potential, no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)