Tournament OMPL XII - Commencement

drampa's grandpa

benign auto-cannibal
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi OM playerbase!!

I am here with a request for all managers. If you are drafting me this year, please do NOT draft me for bench! I am not pricefixing!! I just don't want to play it this time!! It's been fun the past few years but there are a lot of other OMs I wanna give a try. I'm not sure which one yet(not playing or sideline), but we'll see. I haven't even played since like OMPL or whatever so it's not like I really have a clue what's going on in the tier anyway.

If you don't think I'm worth buying for non-non-playing, don't worry I totally get it! I am fine w/ being undrafted too. I just wanna be able to try like sitting by or nothing or cheerleading or something yakno. Diversify a bit.

That is all. Thank u!! I hope everyone has fun this tournament and we don't have a 5 page beef thread!!! :D

also delete this if you have to but idk if signups are gonna be a form or anything this year so mb!

Hi OM playerbase!!

I am here with a request for all managers. If you are drafting me this year, please do NOT draft me for bench! I am not pricefixing!! I just don't want to play it this time!! It's been fun the past few years but there are a lot of other OMs I wanna give a try. I'm not sure which one yet(not playing or sideline), but we'll see. I haven't even played since like OMPL or whatever so it's not like I really have a clue what's going on in the tier anyway.

If you don't think I'm worth buying for non-non-playing, don't worry I totally get it! I am fine w/ being undrafted too. I just wanna be able to try like sitting by or nothing or cheerleading or something yakno. Diversify a bit.

That is all. Thank u!! I hope everyone has fun this tournament and we don't have a 5 page beef thread!!! :D

also delete this if you have to but idk if signups are gonna be a form or anything this year so mb!
drafting you for the shadow realm have fun no im not supplying teams how tf am i gonna give them to you

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
BoingK's 3am power rankings
Helol! It is a very sleep deprived boingk, and I'm here to give the most important lower rankings you will see all tournament. Today, we are ordering the teams based on ✨ nicknames and vibes ✨

7. Seven Soul Starling Solgaleo Sizzlers (?)
Coming in last, we have the quintuple S's, spearheaded by Fc and Stresh. This returning franchise is big in its history, but unfortunately there is no way to refer to its name without getting your tongue in an absolute twist. No, SSSSS is not a viable acronym. Fc and Stresh might be the strongest managerial pairing in the pool but they sure can't pick a good name, and that will cost them dearly.

6. Dubwool Entendres
Supposedly, this team's name has a hidden second meaning. But it simply sounds like QT and Racool are cooking a sheep's insides (probably pretty well) and are going to have a feast. Fair enough, but I like sheep, so I'm putting this name second last. Don't eat sheep.

5. Dave's Dracozolts
A respectable name from duo Dave and Larry. The name rolls off the tongue, and it gets bonus points for alliteration. However, beyond that the title is fairly plain. Dave had a few Dracozolt, sure thing! But we are simply left to wonder what the Dracozolts are getting up to...

4. Walking Wokes
What if powercreep had a baby with left-wing politics? Evie and Cat score highly on alliteration and originality, but can the Wokes beat all the Tory/Republican/<insert right-wing party here> haters? Only time will tell.

3. Rise Up Darkrais

We've hit the top half! Career and Triple T drop a banging nickname on us here. It's missing alliteration sure, but it's got some nice phonetic circularity (rise -> rais). Darkrai is also an insanely cool Pokemon, earning this name bonus points, and giving the team Shadow levels of edginess, which is actually coming back into fashion. It also fits a Pokken reference in (BDR, go google it) which makes me go :pika::pika::pika:

2. Malevolent Misdreavuses
Abriel and Zoe bring back this historic franchise. Seriously, this team debuted 4 years ago, I hadn't discovered what discord was yet. With that aside, the Missies bring a healthy mix of alliteration and coolness, with a bit of cute smattered on for good measure. A strong franchise name for a strong performance perhaps?

1. W Virizzions

Pack it up lads, this nickname almost has it all. It rolls off the tongue, it's got popular references, it's got pizazz, and it's all cleverly tied up together. This nickname is simply the most b, you can't top it.

Special mentions go to Ivar and OjR! Congrats on the attempt to create a franchise, unfortunately the players you draft will die creasing at the name you have chosen.

Helol! It is a very sleep deprived boingk, and I'm here to give the most important lower rankings you will see all tournament. Today, we are ordering the teams based on ✨ nicknames and vibes ✨

Coming in last, we have the quintuple S's, spearheaded by Fc and Stresh. This returning franchise is big in its history, but unfortunately there is no way to refer to its name without getting your tongue in an absolute twist. No, SSSSS is not a viable acronym. Fc and Stresh might be the strongest managerial pairing in the pool but they sure can't pick a good name, and that will cost them dearly.

6. Dubwool Entendres
Supposedly, this team's name has a hidden second meaning. But it simply sounds like QT and Racool are cooking a sheep's insides (probably pretty well) and are going to have a feast. Fair enough, but I like sheep, so I'm putting this name second last. Don't eat sheep.

5. Dave's Dracozolts
A respectable name from duo Dave and Larry. The name rolls off the tongue, and it gets bonus points for alliteration. However, beyond that the title is fairly plain. Dave had a few Dracozolt, sure thing! But we are simply left to wonder what the Dracozolts are getting up to...

4. Walking Wokes
What if powercreep had a baby with left-wing politics? Evie and Cat score highly on alliteration and originality, but can the Wokes beat all the Tory/Republican/<insert right-wing party here> haters? Only time will tell.

3. Rise Up Darkrais
We've hit the top half! Career and Triple T drop a banging nickname on us here. It's missing alliteration sure, but it's got some nice phonetic circularity (rise -> rais). Darkrai is also an insanely cool Pokemon, earning this name bonus points, and giving the team Shadow levels of edginess, which is actually coming back into fashion. It also fits a Pokken reference in (BDR, go google it) which makes me go :pika::pika::pika:

Abriel and Zoe bring back this historic franchise. Seriously, this team debuted 4 years ago, I hadn't discovered what discord was yet. With that aside, the Missies bring a healthy mix of alliteration and coolness, with a bit of cute smattered on for good measure. A strong franchise name for a strong performance perhaps?

1. W Virizzions
Pack it up lads, this nickname almost has it all. It rolls off the tongue, it's got popular references, it's got pizazz, and it's all cleverly tied up together. This nickname is simply the most b, you can't top it.

Special mentions go to Ivar and OjR! Congrats on the attempt to create a franchise, unfortunately the players you draft will die creasing at the name you have chosen.
nobody remembers the skibidi sableyes

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
hello OMPL managers!!
I'm making this post to say that despite being good at STAB, I will need some support when it comes to building / testing
my managers last year kinda forgot about STAB altogether despite me making it clear that I was gonna need some support, and the STAB channel ended up being literally just me posting like a maniac about what I thought would work (this led me to bring stuff like Flame Plate Judgement Arboliva, which could've been entirely avoided with any kind of support)
I did good last year with literally no one in the STAB channel, I'll do great with some help <3

pannu

pokejeff
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
hello OMPL managers!!
I'm making this post to say that despite being good at STAB, I will need some support when it comes to building / testing
my managers last year kinda forgot about STAB altogether despite me making it clear that I was gonna need some support, and the STAB channel ended up being literally just me posting like a maniac about what I thought would work (this led me to bring stuff like Flame Plate Judgement Arboliva, which could've been entirely avoided with any kind of support)
I did good last year with literally no one in the STAB channel, I'll do great with some help <3
stop copying my flow lil BRO

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wait ok bc there wasn't a field for additional comments important Ren FYI for managers
-I am a sub
-do not overspend I am RUSTY (I clicked untera'd tera blast on a golem with spectrier the other day and got confused bc it wasn't fighting type)
-I need teams more than I need therapy
-if there's a drake fan on our team I WILL dm them all 57 kendrick diss tracks just to be messy. team chemistry is important. I don't even have a stake in the rap beef but I will do it for the chaos
-you shouldn't draft me if you want to win games you should draft me for vibes

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Black Diamond Kyurems.jpg

shoutout to BoingK for the logo
Thank you to the hosts for taking us in after all, and thanks to Dave and Larry for letting us use their spot.
If you want to play for the Black Diamond Kyurems hit RoFnA (RoFnA) or Fragments (frag.ments) up on discord and send us your favorite cat meme (and why we should draft you).
good luck and have fun to all teams
shoutout to zastra. Get bamboozled :)
1714934994252.png

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

6. Dubwool Entendres

5. Dave's Dracozolts

4. Walking Wokes

3. Rise Up Darkrais

1. W Virizzions

I want you to consider that SSSSS' acronym is a reference to Dr. Robotnik's SSSSS Squad, from hit song hedgehog stew

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
View attachment 630782
shoutout to BoingK for the logo
Thank you to the hosts for taking us in after all, and thanks to Dave and Larry for letting us use their spot.
If you want to play for the Black Diamond Kyurems hit RoFnA (RoFnA) or Fragments (frag.ments) up on discord and send us your favorite cat meme (and why we should draft you).
good luck and have fun to all teams
shoutout to zastra. Get bamboozled :)
View attachment 630784
Y y'all team abbreviation in the logo a gang? :worrywhirl:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Also posting here.

Gonna have low activity because of work and because I am trying to move. I will build my teams, but I will build them with things I enjoy using and that I think can win ( if I think the team can't win, I wont use it so don't worry about me throwing or sandbagging). Managers, if you don't like this, please do not buy me; there are many other great stab players for you to get!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)