Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's an interesting Pikachu plush promotion called "My Pikachu". The idea behind it is that the Pikachu plush has a few traits about it that can be different between them promising each Pikachu to be unique, whether obvious (such as eye & mouth expression and arm & ear position) or subtle (size & length of body, ears & cheek pouch). These plush also coincide with Earth Day as each plush material is made from recycled bottles!
Here's a short promotion video for it:
So far the promotion is only in Japan, and who knows if it'll come over. There's a cute thing which can be done where, if you don't know what plush to pick, you can shout out "Pikachu" and a store employee will randomly pick a Pikachu and place it in a tree cabinet for you to get (it's behind a door so you don't know what it is until you open it).
Sadly it's not all great news. Due to each Pikachu being unique (each Pikachu comes with its own id code), that means there's a limited supply and it doesn't take long for an entire stock to get purchased (and you better believe scalpers are poaching plenty of them). :pikuh:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
General Pokémon merchandise really hasn't been anything I've collected too much over the years outside of the games and trading cards. Every now and then I'll find something interesting that I might get for, say, someone's birthday, for example, but I usually won't buy anything for myself. That being said, I was thinking about starting my own kind of collection later this year. I've talked on other threads plenty about how August 7th has become somewhat of a holiday for me regarding the story of how :bw/espeon: became one of my favorite Pokémon alongside Feraligatr, Latios, and Pichu. Case in point, I can't decide if this is something I actually want to try, but would it be worth it to see if I could maybe ask for some of this stuff similar to how one may ask for a birthday present?

1689697687700.png
1689697709809.png
1689697944162.png

Also while I'm here, let me show you this custom Amiibo figure someone made on DeviantArt that's a glimpse of what we could have had for real. :facepalm:

1689698128623.png

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Bunch of Paldea merch is coming, specifically based on certain batch of trainers. Most of the merch is the same stuff just based around focused character, but there are some which are character specific. Specifically:

Penny's Eevee Backpack

Iono's Headband & Bow (as well as earrings of her Magnemite deco)

Rika's Gloves

Think they could have also done Nemona's Glove and Grusha's Scarf, but I'm guessing they have a cost limit to how much merch they can produce. Oh well, at the very least there's the mini plushes and each of the League trainers have a neat keychain accessory with stuff representing them (Larry's is probably going to go fast). Two small oddities though, Larry is partnered with Komola (instead of something like Staraptor which would represent both his Type specialty) and Grusha with Cetoddle (instead of Cetitan).

The SWSH, LA & SV soundtracks are out in Japan now and the physical collection box they have looks really nice
https://www.pokemoncenter-online.co...tm_source=over-lap&utm_campaign=md_240227_250

I assume we'll get the digital soundtracks eventually, but seeing them in their little box makes me wish we'd get it (& their booklets) in English. I'd probably splurge on it.
They do look good!
I'm glad that they've finally released the soundtracks we were missing; hopefully future games don't have such a long wait for theirs!
IMG_0165.png

They finally announced the Gen 6 Sitting cuties!

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/2024/05/240531_to01.html

The forms that didn't make the cut:
-Most notably, none of the Megas are here. The Megas, G-Mazes & Regional Forms hadn't been included in any of the Sitting Cuties to this point and outside of the Cap Pikachu those are probably the biggest forms to omit. Granted maybe that WAS the plan at one point, but they scrapped it in the intervening years since by the time we got to the Gen 6 cuties we're about to get a new game that will likely introduce more megas. Maybe they'd find it weird to do megas now...but then need to do more of them in about ~4 years for the Gen 9 cuties. If Z-A adds a fair amount of them there'll probably be more total megas than Gen 6 Pokemon lol so you could make a solid side set out of them. It'd be odd to not include them at all...
-Ash Greninja continues to be ignored. This isn't too surprising I suppose, it's not even "properly" in the games any more. But I was curious what they'd do, you know?
-The Flabebe line did not get every color represented. This one really surprised me, since they had no qualms doing the Deerling so it had consistency with Sawsbuck and it's a consistent one across the 3 Pokemon. Maybe they felt having 15 recolored variants devoted to them and also the 20 Vivillon was, perhaps, overkill.
-No Eternal Floette but like. Fair on that one, eh?
-The different sized Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist. I figured these wouldn't make it, the entire point of the merchandise line is that everyone is about the same scale to each other, so having smaller/larger versions of these 8 would be a bit incongruous
-No Inactive Xerneas. I am a bit surprised at this one. Technically this isn't even just a recolor, the horns are different too. Why does this form even still exist, honestly....I don't think there is ANY depiction of Inactive Xerneas outside the games and I will assume maybe the mangas.

Notable Forms that DID make the cut:
-All 20 Vivillon. Notably, this includes the Pokeball Vivillon that hasn't been given out in like a decade. Maybe we'll see a re-release soon?
-Shield & Blade Aegislash. I actually figured they'd do this because they are remarkably consistent in depicting these as separate things that get their own cards and merch, but it's still funny to see they DID include this but not Inactive Xerneas or the Flabbes.
-So seeing 10% & 100% Zygarde isn't surprising. Seeing Core Zygarde is fascinating, though. That's not placed in any of the Pokedexes and is only acknowledged visually in-game in a pop up from Alola. It might be due to "Squishy" being an important character but if so that makes it hilarious that Ash-Greninja is in the Shadow Realm.

And obviously we have all the Furfrous, both Pyroar, both Meowstic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Uh-oh, looks like the Mythicals and Malamar showed up drunk (except for Hoopa Unbound, though that guy looks like he can drink an entire hogshead and keep on chugging).

Joking aside, I get why Diancie and Hoopa are down as they're probably hard to get standing, but what's Volcanion's excuse? It's not like lying down is giving you a better angle of it, infact it first took me a bit to realize it was Volcanion until I realized it was with the other Mythicals and went "oh, right, wait, why is Volcanion laying down?".

And seriously, why is Malamar upside down? Like, if that's meant to be a joke, shouldn't it be Inkay who is the one that's turned upside-down?

Anyway:

Mega Missing: Yeah, Mega being missing is odd. As you said, Z-A is going to have them back and possibly introduce some more, so maybe their thinking is waiting till Z-A s released and then releasing them as their own set (maybe alongside any possible Regional Variants, Ecologically Similar (apparently that's their official term?) and other new Forms that Z-A will also have (hopefully this would also include Eternal Floette too)).

AWOL Ash-Greninja: I say we wait to see what they do in Z-A. They're introducing new Mega, and at least 3 prime candidates for Mega would be the Starters (or rather "First Partner Pokemon"? GF, get some more creative writers, or at least adopt the fan terms) of the Gen that debut Mega. So if Z-A brings in Mega for the Gen VI Starters I think we could put Ash-Greninja to for the mainline games: It's a special form for Ash at a time Ash needed a Pokemon that could compete with Mega Pokemon but they didn't want to give him any old Mega (even though Charizard was right there and set things up for it...). Ash-Greninja might pop-up in other material at times like in the TCG or in a side app game if they want to have a special Greninja, but with Ash no longer the star of the anime there's no reason to keep it around in the games. Besides, the only thing about Ash-Greninja that made it "Ash" was its sideburns and the head fin turned red to resemble Ash's caps. They could take Ash-Greninja's body, change its head, (maybe add a few flourished to its body), and you got a Mega Greninja (I don't see them just wholesale making Ash-Greninja into Mega Greninja, especially since it would set up precedence for Chesnaught and Delphox).

Maybe, MAYBE, if they do the separate Mega + Z-A set they'll also have an Ash-Greninja sitting cutie just to say they did.

Forgotten Flabebe: Not surprised, as you said it would have been just too much for simple recolors (at least with the Deerling family the Sawsbucks had design variance so maybe they felt t would be weird to only have one of the Deerling). And while I get why they chose Red Flower as it seems to be the default Flabebe family color, I would have made the creative decision to use the White Flower instead. While I get for "consistency" they can't include anything extra, having it be a White Flower would be a hidden gesture to people who prefer a different color Flower to have the option of dying the flower petals to the color they want (Florges would have been a bit of a problem with its blue flowers, unless they were willing to go off-model and made the flowers a light cyan (enough to keep on model but also enough that it can still be dyed over)).

Though, once again, since the Mega Cuties would be considered a side set for the Gen VI Pokemon, they could potentially have all their Flabebe family variants there. Could even make sense if they were going to include Eternal Floette and, while unlikely but still a faint possibility, some more flower colors (we don't have a purple or pink, or maybe split the difference and make a violet as a nod to Gen IX).

Lost Legends: We also don't have a Cell Zyagrde if we're going to mention obscure Legend forms (and we're not even going to mention Y's and X's dormant forms, though would be hilarious if they made plush of those).

We also don't have Primal Groudon nor Primal Kyogre, though they're obviously rolled in with the Mega Pokemon (which would include Mega Rayquaza). If Legends: Arceus is anything to go by, Z-A is likely gong to give some new forms to the Aura Trio, so since the mascot Legends were being given more forms maybe Neutral Xerneas could still get a plush in the hypothetical "Mega + Z-A" set along with the new forms.

As for outside main game depictions of Neutral Xerneas, only others I can find is Super Mystery Dungeon (where its an important NPC) and GO. Oddly not TCG cards, even in art where it would make sense like it just walking through the forest like in the BREAKthrough card.

Pokeball Vivillon: Maybe like how they made Fancy Pattern the default in Paldea, in Z-A it'll be the default for Redeveloped Lumiose City? Or at the very least I can see it as an in-game special gift. While part of me thinks it would be neat to see new patterns, there's also a part of me which thinks there's also enough patterns already. Like, at most maybe I'd like to see a pattern resemble some real butterflies like a Monarch.

Aegislash: I never had a doubt both forms would be included. There is a HUGE difference between Aegislash forms and Neutral Xerneas & Flabebe other colors: Both formes have different stats and the gimmick plays an active role in how Aegislash can be used in battle.

Furfrou: Would be cool to see some new Furfrou cuts in Z-A, or maybe give us the option to mix-and-match traits, or both.

Uh-oh, looks like the Mythicals and Malamar showed up drunk (except for Hoopa Unbound, though that guy looks like he can drink an entire hogshead and keep on chugging).

Joking aside, I get why Diancie and Hoopa are down as they're probably hard to get standing, but what's Volcanion's excuse? It's not like lying down is giving you a better angle of it, infact it first took me a bit to realize it was Volcanion until I realized it was with the other Mythicals and went "oh, right, wait, why is Volcanion laying down?".

And seriously, why is Malamar upside down? Like, if that's meant to be a joke, shouldn't it be Inkay who is the one that's turned upside-down?
because I grabbed the picture from serebii joe and forgot to link the whole tweet. He's the one that put it together.

AWOL Ash-Greninja: I say we wait to see what they do in Z-A. They're introducing new Mega, and at least 3 prime candidates for Mega would be the Starters (or rather "First Partner Pokemon"? GF, get some more creative writers, or at least adopt the fan terms) of the Gen that debut Mega. So if Z-A brings in Mega for the Gen VI Starters I think we could put Ash-Greninja to for the mainline games: It's a special form for Ash at a time Ash needed a Pokemon that could compete with Mega Pokemon but they didn't want to give him any old Mega (even though Charizard was right there and set things up for it...). Ash-Greninja might pop-up in other material at times like in the TCG or in a side app game if they want to have a special Greninja, but with Ash no longer the star of the anime there's no reason to keep it around in the games. Besides, the only thing about Ash-Greninja that made it "Ash" was its sideburns and the head fin turned red to resemble Ash's caps. They could take Ash-Greninja's body, change its head, (maybe add a few flourished to its body), and you got a Mega Greninja (I don't see them just wholesale making Ash-Greninja into Mega Greninja, especially since it would set up precedence for Chesnaught and Delphox).

Maybe, MAYBE, if they do the separate Mega + Z-A set they'll also have an Ash-Greninja sitting cutie just to say they did.
I think if we get megas, we just get a distinct separate wholly original mega greninja, not "here's ash-greninja, with the ash filed off so we're calling it mega greninja"
Forgotten Flabebe: Not surprised, as you said it would have been just too much for simple recolors (at least with the Deerling family the Sawsbucks had design variance so maybe they felt t would be weird to only have one of the Deerling). And while I get why they chose Red Flower as it seems to be the default Flabebe family color, I would have made the creative decision to use the White Flower instead. While I get for "consistency" they can't include anything extra, having it be a White Flower would be a hidden gesture to people who prefer a different color Flower to have the option of dying the flower petals to the color they want (Florges would have been a bit of a problem with its blue flowers, unless they were willing to go off-model and made the flowers a light cyan (enough to keep on model but also enough that it can still be dyed over)).
Generally speaking a "hidden gesture" like that would never work and you'd probably want to make it special dyeable material
Lost Legends: We also don't have a Cell Zyagrde if we're going to mention obscure Legend forms (and we're not even going to mention Y's and X's dormant forms, though would be hilarious if they made plush of those).

We also don't have Primal Groudon nor Primal Kyogre, though they're obviously rolled in with the Mega Pokemon (which would include Mega Rayquaza). If Legends: Arceus is anything to go by, Z-A is likely gong to give some new forms to the Aura Trio, so since the mascot Legends were being given more forms maybe Neutral Xerneas could still get a plush in the hypothetical "Mega + Z-A" set along with the new forms.

As for outside main game depictions of Neutral Xerneas, only others I can find is Super Mystery Dungeon (where its an important NPC) and GO. Oddly not TCG cards, even in art where it would make sense like it just walking through the forest like in the BREAKthrough card.
Incidentally the blurb goes out of its way to mention that its [paraphrasing] "Pokemon from Pokemon XY and Zygarde Core". Kind of sounds like Core was a special addition; maybe it really was because of Squishy and them wanting to reference that notable role?

Pokeball Vivillon
Maybe like how they made Fancy Pattern the default in Paldea, in Z-A it'll be the default for Redeveloped Lumiose City? Or at the very least I can see it as an in-game special gift. While part of me thinks it would be neat to see new patterns, there's also a part of me which thinks there's also enough patterns already. Like, at most maybe I'd like to see a pattern resemble some real butterflies like a Monarch.
Oh I highly highly highly doubt we see any new patterns of Vivillon (or coats for furfrou, while we're here). I also doubt we see Pokeball be the default.
I think the description also made a point to point it out so I really feel like surely they do a gift. Maybe next month when the cuties drop in stores? That'd be nice.
Aegislash: I never had a doubt both forms would be included. There is a HUGE difference between Aegislash forms and Neutral Xerneas & Flabebe other colors: Both formes have different stats and the gimmick plays an active role in how Aegislash can be used in battle.
See I threw battle mostly out the window when so many of the forms are aesthetic. I looked solely at how the 2 forms are treated in everything outside the games, which was: very well to an almost goofy degree. They must really really want to hammer home the shtick. Hell, dipping into the games again, they even have separate box sprites. Urshifu still doesn't have that....

Man speaking of, Urshifu I bet we just get the one plush of it. There are slight differences in how its fur falls/rises that could still translate to the plush, but the cuties are all sitting so they can't really show off the pose.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
because I grabbed the picture from serebii joe and forgot to link the whole tweet. He's the one that put it together.
Ah, okay, though doesn't really change anything I said.

Incidentally the blurb goes out of its way to mention that its [paraphrasing] "Pokemon from Pokemon XY and Zygarde Core". Kind of sounds like Core was a special addition; maybe it really was because of Squishy and them wanting to reference that notable role?
Could be. Also, due to its cute appearance, they could also think Zygarde Core is marketable enough to be worth the extra effort (I imagine its also a simple plush to make so maybe the cost isn't as high as a more complex one like Ash-Greninja).

See I threw battle mostly out the window when so many of the forms are aesthetic. I looked solely at how the 2 forms are treated in everything outside the games, which was: very well to an almost goofy degree. They must really really want to hammer home the shtick.
My thought was more simply "if they're not going to depart from design plans then it's going to get two plush". The design plan for Sitting Cuties is they're in a very specific pose with most every detail sawn together (even to an extent you can likely cut some sawn things together and it'll still work perfectly fine as a plush of that Pokemon). Yes, they could in theory had the shield be detachable, a way to attach it to the front, & a way to attach the two arms together behind. But such mobility goes against the design plan, however both its forms are so iconic they can't exclude one, so the only answer it to make two plush: one with the shield sewn to the front & arms crossing in the back, another where the shield is sewn to the hands which are on eitherside of it.

Man speaking of, Urshifu I bet we just get the one plush of it. There are slight differences in how its fur falls/rises that could still translate to the plush, but the cuties are all sitting so they can't really show off the pose.
So, with what I said in mind, I'm betting Urshifu would get two; infact I'm going to bet how they're going to do it. For Single Strike the "headband" and knee flaps will be that stiff felt material set to point upwards and the headband's tail will be free. For Rapid Strike the "crown" and knee flaps will be soft plush material laying flat downward and the headband tail will be sewn so that it wraps down the shoulders.

Forms Of Debate:
So with that in mind, here are the forms I would have questions about:

Silvally: We'll probably get each of its forms as they have major color differences between them.

Minior: Same, Meteor Form will get a plush and then we'll have seven plush of the Cores.

Mimikyu: Probably just getting Disguised Forme as Busted Forms head, unless they REALLY want to exaggerate it, isn;t that too far bent to the side.

Solgaleo & Lunala: If Zekrom, Reshiram, and now Xerneas didn't get their "semi-form" than why should they? WELL, I say there's a chance as Solgaleo Radiant Sun Phase and Lunala Full Moon Phase are the forms they take while traveling through Ultra Space. It's not like Zekrom & Reshiram's Overdrive where they glow with energy for a little bit or Neutral Xerneas where you sort of have to go our of your way to see it, in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon these forms served a purpose and the players would see it often when they use the Ultra Warp Ride. So I actually say chances are good here (also helps there is some body differences, they're not just glowing and that's the only difference).

Marshadow: Now its body does change, but unlike above it only does so when performing its Signature Z-Move. But if Zyagrde Core got a plush because of the anime, then I'd argue it also has a chance.

Cramorant: Going to do another bet, they will do both Normal (mouth closed) and Gulping Form ("choking" on Arrokuda). Gorging Form is a toss up, but I'm going to bet they skip it. Not because they don't want to do it, which they probably don't, but due to the "size" issue where every Sitting Cutie is relatively the same size. Having a small (bottom half) of an Arrokuda in Cramorant's mouth right next to the Sitting Cutie Arrokuda which would be bigger probably isn't that big of a deal, but having it choking on a strangely half-sized (scrunched up) Pikachu would look off. As long as they have Gulpng Form they fulfilled the joke of the design.

Sinistea family & Poltchageist family: Part of me wants them to be that pedantic... BUT I'm going to say we're only getting the Antique/Artisan Forms. Only difference is a little label, a label by design plan we shouldn't even see because it would be sitting, still I think they will at least go the "extra" effort to give us the "rare" forms.

Alcremie: So, I think they can honestly do something neat here. I think we'll get one of flavor (which there are nine of), but five will have a unique Sweet while two pairs will share one (as there's only 7 Sweets). If it were up to me I'd do:
  • Strawberry Sweet Vanilla Cream & Rainbow Swirl
  • Berry Sweet Mint Cream
  • Love Sweet Salted Cream & Ruby Swirl
  • Star Sweet Lemon Cream
  • Clover Sweet Matcha Cream
  • Flower Sweet Caramel Swirl
  • Ribbon Sweet Ruby Cream

Eiscue: I think we'll get both.

Zarude: Think they're going to pass on the Dada Form.

Calyrex: Going to make a bold bet: we'll get a Normal but we'll also get a Rider Form. No, not Ice Rider and Shadow Rider, JUST Rider which has a unique design. In addition, Rider form will have the Reigns of Unity sewn on its hands (they won't be attached to any of the horses of course). Note, while they will obviously will also have a Glastrier and Spectreir, they won't be correctly sized with Calyrex nor will have a way to connect the reigns.

Maushold: Its silly but Family of Three has one child and Family of Four has two children, that's a difference of a whole child so they'll get two plush.

Palafin: So just because Palafin has a heart on its chest it's getting two plush even though one is exactly the same as Finizen otherwise? Yes, of course, would just be odd to have Hero Form without Zero Form.

Gimmighoul: Now, the question here isn't is it getting two plush, because it is. The question is will Roaming Form be shown carrying its single coin on its back or in its hands (I say they'll have it carrying the coin in its hands and holding it to its side, think it would look more unique).

Revaroom & Starmobiles: Going to say no here. For one thing, they're not just Revaroom but also two Varooms. Probably more importantly, Starmobiles aren't obtainable so only getting singular Revaroom. Would be cool though.

Cylizar: Let's get the easy one out of the way. Cyclizar has 3 forms: Basic, Battle, & Ride. However, the only difference between Basic and Battle is how many feet is it standing on, so gong to say we're just getting a Basic Form and a Ride Form.

Koraidon & Miraidon: Oh boy. 5 Forms each (or rather Builds/Modes): Apex/Ultimate, Limited/Low-Power, Sprinting/Drive, Swimming/Aquatic, and Gliding/Glide. Now, Sprinting/Drive and Swimming/Aquatic are pretty much the same so we can just leave them as Sprinting/Drive. I think Apex/Ultimate, Limited/Low-Power, and Sprinting/Drive are give-ins, but the big question is Gliding/Glide. They have a pretty significant difference from Sprinting/Drive, but at the same time you're also doing two versions of their ride forms which won't be sitting but rather just resting on their wheels. So, because of that, I think they'll skip Gliding/Glide, it just doesn't gel with the design plan.

Forms Of Debate:
So with that in mind, here are the forms I would have questions about:

Silvally: We'll probably get each of its forms as they have major color differences between them.
We didn't get Arceus' different forms and Silvally's are even less notable than the Flabebe line. I do not see us getting 18 Silvally plush when we didn't get either of those, particularly Arceus whose changed colors of the feet & mandala would be more striking than Silvally's feathers & tail fin.
Minior: Same, Meteor Form will get a plush and then we'll have seven plush of the Cores.
I agree on this one, in contrast, because the colors consume the entire plush and Minior is all about the different colors. It's the primary design trait they emphasize.
Mimikyu: Probably just getting Disguised Forme as Busted Forms head, unless they REALLY want to exaggerate it, isn;t that too far bent to the side.
I'm iffy on if they'll do it, but the bend actually is pretty far off to the side compared to the normal one. It also does get a dex entry, which isn't nothing.
Solgaleo & Lunala: If Zekrom, Reshiram, and now Xerneas didn't get their "semi-form" than why should they? WELL, I say there's a chance as Solgaleo Radiant Sun Phase and Lunala Full Moon Phase are the forms they take while traveling through Ultra Space. It's not like Zekrom & Reshiram's Overdrive where they glow with energy for a little bit or Neutral Xerneas where you sort of have to go our of your way to see it, in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon these forms served a purpose and the players would see it often when they use the Ultra Warp Ride. So I actually say chances are good here (also helps there is some body differences, they're not just glowing and that's the only difference).
I think taking it on while they ride is irrelevant. It's not a "real" form change at all. Speaking of
Marshadow: Now its body does change, but unlike above it only does so when performing its Signature Z-Move. But if Zyagrde Core got a plush because of the anime, then I'd argue it also has a chance.
The strange "Zenith" ""form"" is nowhere near as important as Squishy was so I think that comparison is null. It's also something it does when it attacks in general, not just the Z-Move. To that end it's not dissimilar to something like Typhlosion's flames in some of the games.

Cramorant: Going to do another bet, they will do both Normal (mouth closed) and Gulping Form ("choking" on Arrokuda). Gorging Form is a toss up, but I'm going to bet they skip it. Not because they don't want to do it, which they probably don't, but due to the "size" issue where every Sitting Cutie is relatively the same size. Having a small (bottom half) of an Arrokuda in Cramorant's mouth right next to the Sitting Cutie Arrokuda which would be bigger probably isn't that big of a deal, but having it choking on a strangely half-sized (scrunched up) Pikachu would look off. As long as they have Gulpng Form they fulfilled the joke of the design.
I think they'll still do Gourging because while it will be silly if you compare it to the SC Pikachu, it's still being released on its own and honestly it seems like the games cheat a beat on its scale anyway.

Also: It's funny.
Sinistea family & Poltchageist family: Part of me wants them to be that pedantic... BUT I'm going to say we're only getting the Antique/Artisan Forms. Only difference is a little label, a label by design plan we shouldn't even see because it would be sitting, still I think they will at least go the "extra" effort to give us the "rare" forms.
See I broadly agree they shouldn't bother since it's such a minor change and it gets 0 play in merch to my knowledge and if they're not going to do the Flabebes or Arceuses.... but also I think they think the stupid little marks are part of the charm and they'd want to represent it. I fully expect to see this thing get forms over an assortment of other forms and I will groan, loadly. "How did we get Antique Sinistea but not Gourging Cramorant" <- me in 2-3 years

Alcremie: So, I think they can honestly do something neat here. I think we'll get one of flavor (which there are nine of), but five will have a unique Sweet while two pairs will share one (as there's only 7 Sweets). If it were up to me I'd do:
  • Strawberry Sweet Vanilla Cream & Rainbow Swirl
  • Berry Sweet Mint Cream
  • Love Sweet Salted Cream & Ruby Swirl
  • Star Sweet Lemon Cream
  • Clover Sweet Matcha Cream
  • Flower Sweet Caramel Swirl
  • Ribbon Sweet Ruby Cream
Yeah having color-coded berries is a good shot
I was curious what existing merchandise did, if anything.
And I actually did find some stuff!

There's the obvious ones: Strawberry Vanilla, Clover Matcha, Berry Mint. You see the first one all the time for obvious reasons and the other 2 show up often in color-coded merchandise. These feel like hard locks.

There were a set of plush that did this:
Salted got Berry (this one actually got doubled down on as part of an entirely unrelated plush line)
Ruby Swirl got Ribbon
Rainbow Swirl got Love

There was a later plush where Rainbow Swirl got Ribbon as well. This was part of a dedicated merch campaign with Yamper (& Pikachu, Sylveon) and it seems like they used Purple for any physical bits so I think it was to have a connection with the rest of the stuff like T-Shirts and Backpacks and so on.

Ruby Swirl got Love on a Tea Party based set

A dedicated Alcremie merchandise line had the following for all its artwork:
-Ruby Cream with Love
-Lemon with Star
-Caramel with Flower
-Salt with Ribbon
-& the 3 obvious ones.
Rainbow & Ruby Swirl didn't make the cut, for some reason, though all color/sweet combinations got to be on a folder. So that's neat.
https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?p_cd=4521329338972

So nothing super concrete, but shows they like to coordinate at least.
Zarude: Think they're going to pass on the Dada Form.
Yeah if they're going to pass on Ash-Greninja & To a lesser extent the Cap Pikachu, it would be odd to have a different frankly far less important over all "anime" form.

Calyrex: Going to make a bold bet: we'll get a Normal but we'll also get a Rider Form. No, not Ice Rider and Shadow Rider, JUST Rider which has a unique design. In addition, Rider form will have the Reigns of Unity sewn on its hands (they won't be attached to any of the horses of course). Note, while they will obviously will also have a Glastrier and Spectreir, they won't be correctly sized with Calyrex nor will have a way to connect the reigns.
As goofy as it is since we'll have calyrex and the 2 horses alongside it at "normal" scale, I think they'll just have a tinier calyrex+horse. The rider design is still treated as part of a set and I don't see them giving it the reins as an accessory either. This is also why I think they won't have much issue giving us Gourging Cramorant.
Cylizar: Let's get the easy one out of the way. Cyclizar has 3 forms: Basic, Battle, & Ride. However, the only difference between Basic and Battle is how many feet is it standing on, so gong to say we're just getting a Basic Form and a Ride Form.
Ultimately its just Cyclizar with its tail curled up. Hardly a real "form" at all. It'll just be regular bipedal Cyclizar imo.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
We didn't get Arceus' different forms
Huh, I could have sworn there was one for each Arceus form. I for some reason have this memory of an image which up in a corner had every form of Arceus in plush form. Okay, nevermind, yeah, Silvally definitely will only get one then.

See I broadly agree they shouldn't bother since it's such a minor change and it gets 0 play in merch to my knowledge and if they're not going to do the Flabebes or Arceuses.... but also I think they think the stupid little marks are part of the charm and they'd want to represent it. I fully expect to see this thing get forms over an assortment of other forms and I will groan, loadly. "How did we get Antique Sinistea but not Gourging Cramorant" <- me in 2-3 years
There's also something which I questioned would affect what froms gets a plush or not: these aren't just general plush. Yes, they are plush and they are working to get one of every Pokemon, but also they are part of a specific series, Sitting Cuties/Fit where the Pokemon are shown sitting down. Maybe if this was a general plush line where they didn't need to focus on having Pokemon sitting they may do all the different forms no matter how silly. Also, have a merch line just dedicate to Forms is something I can see them doing as its own theme and they don't have to worry about making sure every Pokemon gets a plush. Sitting Cuties has been great for Pokemon who normally don't get a lot of merch, at least not a plush, finally having at least one plush. I'm curious if maybe that's also a focus of this plush line which would further mean not worrying too much about different forms with only slight differences as they have potential for future merch.

Yeah having color-coded berries is a good shot
I was curious what existing merchandise did, if anything.
And I actually did find some stuff!

There's the obvious ones: Strawberry Vanilla, Clover Matcha, Berry Mint. You see the first one all the time for obvious reasons and the other 2 show up often in color-coded merchandise. These feel like hard locks.

There were a set of plush that did this:
Salted got Berry (this one actually got doubled down on as part of an entirely unrelated plush line)
Ruby Swirl got Ribbon
Rainbow Swirl got Love

There was a later plush where Rainbow Swirl got Ribbon as well. This was part of a dedicated merch campaign with Yamper (& Pikachu, Sylveon) and it seems like they used Purple for any physical bits so I think it was to have a connection with the rest of the stuff like T-Shirts and Backpacks and so on.

Ruby Swirl got Love on a Tea Party based set

A dedicated Alcremie merchandise line had the following for all its artwork:
-Ruby Cream with Love
-Lemon with Star
-Caramel with Flower
-Salt with Ribbon
-& the 3 obvious ones.
Rainbow & Ruby Swirl didn't make the cut, for some reason, though all color/sweet combinations got to be on a folder. So that's neat.
https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?p_cd=4521329338972

So nothing super concrete, but shows they like to coordinate at least.
Good finds! So seems like strong ones are:
  • Strawberry Vanilla
  • Clover Matcha
  • Berry Mint
  • Star Lemon
  • Flower Caramel
Then everything else is a toss-up. I wonder if they do look at past merch to see what was previously done. And if they do, would them having done a certain combination make them more likely do it again or less likely? The above five are default + 4 color matching, the obvious go-tos. But, since its obvious, would they maybe want to do something different (aside from default Strawberry Vanilla), like do color contrasting so that the Berry (& eye color) stand out more, something which would be especially helpful for a smaller plush.

Not sure if the time for it has passed, but Alcremie would be a good choice for another Build-A-Bear crossover. Pick a flavor, pick a Sweet & Eyes, and pick any additional clothing or decoration.

Ultimately its just Cyclizar with its tail curled up. Hardly a real "form" at all.
There is another notable difference:

Though if the inflated throat sack enough of a difference I guess is the question.

For the Sitting Cuties, you're best off looking for the one or few you like before they end up in the hands of scalpers, unless they force you to buy one of each per generation.
I was really bummed when they restocked a bunch of them a few months ago and between seeing the tweet and going to the shop all the Arceus were taken, it's true.

Certainly not helped in the west's case because it was something you only got the first time around if you ordered the game through the Pokemon center

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)