The Mono-Type Challenge

One of my favorite challenges.

It is simple, make a run through on a single type.

I will say that in most games, water is going to be the easiest due to how common it is.

RED/BLUE/YELLOW- Normal is going to be up there as the easiest, with dragon being impossible unless you solo with Dragonite.

DIAMOND/PEARL/PLATINUM- Water is going to be easiest with Fire a pain in D/P due to Ponyta and Chimchar unless you trade. Fighting is quite fun also.

Heart Gold/Soul Silver- Water is going to be easy and do not go within 10 feet of Grass due to the first two gyms are SE against it unless you want to grind. Six of the eight gym resists the Typing (Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine, Pryce and Claire). You also get Chikorita, Oddish, Bellsprout, Paris, Hoppip as your early game pokes.

I am currently taking a Water Mono-Type on Heart Gold.

I've done quite a few of these so I'm going to post what I think are the most fun/interesting types to solo with in each game I've done this run in.

GSC: Poison. Many Poison Pokemon are surprisingly good if you train them a bit. Crobat in particular is a great Pokemon to use once you get past the stage where Zubat only knows Leech Life. Gastly is another early Pokemon that becomes good once it learns Night Shade.

RSE: Bug. While Roxanne and Watson are difficult to take out, they can be taken out by Beautifly and Shedinja, respectively, and after that, you'll have a nice assortment of Bug-types to take on everyone else. You eventually realize how useful Ninjask and Beautifly are and what a monster Heracross is.

FRLG: Poison. While you might not think that this could work due to Sabrina, you can still use Beedrill and Gengar to hit her Pokemon SE and Venusaur and Tentacruel can actually take a Psychic or Psybeam and get an attack off.

Did mono-ground on Platnium. Pretty good with Torterra, Garchomp, Rhyperior, Gastrodon, Hippowdon, and Mamoswine.

Yes, Gardenia is a ****, but Grotle with some Curses under it's belt help tremendously.

Mono-grass in white is very good:
simisage is useful for speed so is serperior, ferrothorn can take a lot of hits and attack back and virizion is very poweful
sure the first gym is hard but it always is same with elesa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)